The Wellmark Foundation is currently accepting for 2022 Matching Assets to Community Health (MATCH) Grant projects that make it easy to eat healthy and engage in everyday physical activity. MATCH grants support promising projects that can help individuals, families and communities achieve better health.
Donor Name: Wellmark Foundation
County: All Counties
Type of Grant:
- Access to Healthy Foods and Built Environment MATCH Grant- 02/16/2022
- Access to Healthy Foods MATCH Grant-09/21/2022
Size of the Grant: $50,000, $100,000
- Access to Healthy Foods and Built Environment MATCH Grant
- Requests up to $100,000
- Match requirement — Dollar-for-dollar. At least one-half of that amount must be cash.
- Access to Healthy Foods MATCH Grant
- Requests up to $50,000
- Match requirement — 50 percent of the amount requested. At least one-half of that amount must be cash.
Projects must align with one of the two focus areas:
- Access to and consumption of healthy foods.
- Safe environments to be physically active in.
All grant programs have the same eligibility requirements:
- Organizations must be classified as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization under Internal Revenue Code or a governmental entity.
- Must be located within the states of either Iowa or South Dakota or seeking funding restricted for use in Iowa or South Dakota.
- Must agree with The Wellmark Foundation Inclusion Statement: “They are an inclusive organization accepting of all aspects of diversity. Examples of diversity include: race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical abilities and sexual orientation.”
Cannot have a contractual relationship with Wellmark, Inc., doing business as Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa, Wellmark of South Dakota, Inc., doing business as Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Dakota, Wellmark Health Plan of Iowa, Inc., Wellmark Advantage Health Plan, Inc., Wellmark Value Health Plan, or Wellmark Synergy Health, Inc. This does not include having health insurance coverage through Wellmark.
For more information, visit MATCH Grants.