Walker Area Community Foundation is seeking grant applications to create opportunities for greatness, not only for nonprofits, municipalities and schools, but also for the individuals living, working and playing throughout communities.
Donor Name: Walker Area Community Foundation
County: Walker County (AL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/01/2022
Grants are made for the following charitable purposes:
- Arts and Humanities
- Children and Youth
- Elder Care
- Health & Medicine
- Social Welfare
The Foundation does not make grants for:
- Religious Organizations for religious purposes
- Balls or other Ticketed Events
- Political Purposes
- Lobbying Activities
- Replacement of Government Grants or Funding
- Endowments or Other Discretionary Pools
Twice per year, the foundation accept grant proposals from 501(c)(3) organizations. In order to make the greatest impact with the funds available, they prefer requests that address:
- Address a critical community need and get at the root cause of a problem.
- Serve more than just a few people.
- Do not duplicate existing services unless they serve a population not already being served.
- Pilot projects which, if successful, can be expanded to serve a wider population or be duplicated by other organizations.
- Involve collaboration and cooperation with other organizations and agencies
- Include an effective mechanism for measuring the impact of the Foundation’s investment.
- They support organizations that demonstrate the expertise and experience necessary to accomplish their mission, operate under sound financial principles, have a future funding plan and a solid base of community support.
For more information, visit Walker Area Community Foundation.