The Veteran’s Engagement Mini Grant Program is designed to support veteran’s groups and organizations engaging veteran’s groups as they provide healing and therapeutic services, outdoor recreation, community engagement, and green jobs training.
Donor Name: Chesapeake Bay Trust
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Grant Size: $5,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
Through this funding opportunity, the Trust seeks to engage Veterans groups and organizations serving veterans groups in small-scale projects that provide healing and therapeutic services, recreation, community engagement, and green jobs training to those who have served in the military. Among the Trust’s core values are diversity and inclusion: The Trust feel that a broad range of communities can benefit from healthy natural resources, even if their primary focus is on other issues. Physical and mental health, the economy, jobs, community livability, and education are all connected with a healthy environment. As a result, the Trust is investing in grants to veteran’s groups who have yet to frequently engage with the Trust. Their goals is to:
- Provide funding to veterans’ groups who have a project idea that benefits those who have served in the military and natural resources (such as native wildlife (birds, pollinators, and other species), greenery in local parks, rural or urban forests, streams, rivers, and other natural spaces);
- Engage veterans in community-based restoration and protection; and
- Introduce the grant lifecycle to applicants who may not be experienced in applying for grants.
- Funding Availability: The Trust anticipates funds available in FY22 of up to $50,000.
- Request Amounts: Up to $5,000
- Project Timeline: Projects must be completed within 12 months upon receipt of the award. Requests to extend project completion period will be reviewed and considered on a case-by-case basis. When a project is complete, grantees are required to submit a completed final report from with supporting materials/products.
The Trust welcomes requests from the following organizations:
- 501(c)3 Private Nonprofits;
- Community Associations.
- Service and Civic Groups; and/or
- Municipal, County, Regional, State,
- Federal Public Agencies.
For more information, visit Chesapeake Bay Trust.