United Way of Northwest Louisiana is accepting grant applications for its Community Investment Grants.
Donor Name: United Way of Northwest Louisiana
Counties: Bienville Parish (LA), Bossier Parish (LA), Caddo Parish (LA), Claiborne Parish (LA), De Soto Parish (LA), Natchitoches Parish (LA), Red River Parish (LA), Sabine Parish (LA), Webster Parish (LA), Winn Parish (LA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/15/2021
They award grants of varying sizes based on community needs, United Way focus areas, and the availability of funds. Nonprofits within the ten parish region are encouraged to apply.
- Previous grant recipients: New grant applications will not be considered from organizations that are past due in submitting their year end report for the previous grant cycle to United Way.
- Geographic areas: United Way awards grants to programs serving Caddo, Bossier, Bienville, Claiborne, DeSoto, Natchitoches, Sabine, Red River, Webster and Winn.
- IRS status: All applicants must have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code. An organization must have received its 501(c)(3) ruling letter from the IRS prior to applying for funding.
- Program areas: The organization or proposed program must align with one of the following United Way priority areas: Health, Education, Financial Stability, Essential Needs Funding priorities are made available during the grant training.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy: It is the policy of United Way of Northwest Louisiana to support organizations, projects, and programs that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other legally protected characteristics. Each organization is required to submit its DEI or nondiscrimination policy.
- Form 990: All applicants must be in good standing with the IRS regarding their Form 990 filing requirements. A copy of the organization’s most recent Form 990 must be submitted as part of the grant application.
- Audit: (requirements vary based on annual revenue amounts)
- Up to $200,000: Latest Financial Records
- $200,000 to $500,000: Financial Compilation
- $500,000 to $1 Million: Financial Review
- Over $1 Million: Independent Audit
For more information, visit Community Investment Grants.