The United Way of Central West Virginia is accepting 2022 Letter of Intents (LOIs) to support a wide array of diverse community organizations offering programming to benefit the community in the areas of education, health, financial stability and safety net services.
Donor Name: United Way of Central West Virginia
State: West Virginia
Counties: Boone County (WV), Clay County (WV), Kanawha County (WV), Logan County (WV), Putnam County (WV)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/06/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000 and $50,000
Awardees help to improve community conditions across their regional footprint in the areas they serve – Boone, Clay, Kanawha, Logan and Putnam counties.
Minimum grant request is $5,000 and maximum is $50,000.
Funding is not provided for: national or statewide proposals; agency operating costs not directly associated with a specific program; annual campaigns or membership drives; acquisition or expansion or real estate/building; capital expenditures.
Eligibility to Apply
All of the following conditions must apply to be eligible for funding consideration. The organization:
- Is an incorporated nonprofit organization and has tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Has a Board of Directors that is an active, representative voluntary governing body, with regular meetings and is responsible for developing its mission, determining its strategic direction and providing oversight. Has up-to-date, current bylaws, or guidelines, by which the organization operates.
- Can provide, when requested, a current financial audit (if organization revenue is over $500,000), a financial review (if organization revenue is greater than $200,000 but less than $500,000) or a financial compilation (if organization revenue is below $200,000). Financial audit, review or compilation must be performed by an independent certified public accountant in compliance with generally accepted accounting standards as applied to non-profit organizations. (Note: revenue determination is from all sources except government grants and grants from private foundations).
- Files a current IRS form 990, including schedule A or 990 EZ, or can document the circumstances under which the 990 filing is waived.
- Serves one or more counties in United Way of the Central WV service area – Boone, Clay, Kanawha, Logan and Putnam counties.
- Has the mechanisms and capacity for regularly reporting measurable, qualitative and quantitative outcomes.
- Demonstrates reasonable efficiency in program management and adequacy of resources, both in materials and in personnel (voluntary and paid) to sustain a quality level of service.
For more information, visit United Way Letter of Intent.