The Trinity Trust’s Community Response Grant Program is designed to respond to urgent, unexpected or one-time needs where a small investment can make a lasting difference to community.
Donor Name: Trinity Trust
County: Trinity County (CA)
Type of Grant: Grant
The Trinity Trust makes grants exclusively for the benefit of the citizens of Trinity County, California. The Trust is an affiliate of the Humboldt Area Foundation, who manages The Trinity Trust Endowment and administers Trinity Trust grants. Grant decisions are made by a committee of Trinity County residents who have shown long-term interest in community betterment.
Grants will be made for projects that do one or more of the following:
- Build: collaborative relationships and partnerships
- Integrate: youth in ways that build their commitment to community and civic responsibility,
- Engage: community members who will benefit in the planning,
- Develop: community leadership,
- Leverage: matching funding or resources for the organization
- Increase: the long-term capacity of an organization to improve or expand their services.
- Applicants must be nonprofit organizations with tax exempt status under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, a public benefit organization (churches, educational organizations/schools, hospitals, government units, tribal governments, etc), or working with a qualified fiscal sponsor.
- Projects must benefit the communities within Trinity County, California. All organizations from outside this service area must demonstrate that they are working with a locally based group to develop and implement the proposed project.
- Grants cannot be made for expenses outside the service area such as travel expenses of schools or groups for trips out of the area, cultural groups going on tour, “good will” ambassadors, or scholarships and fellowships to other countries.
- Grants cannot be made for the deferred maintenance or annual operating costs of public institutions, churches, services of special tax districts, government, or cemeteries.
- Grants cannot be made for religious activities or projects that exclusively benefit the members of sectarian or religious organizations.
- Grants cannot pay for expenses that have already been incurred.
For more information, visit Trinity Trust.