Donor Name: The Community Foundation of West Texas
Counties: Lubbock County (TX)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000
Preference may be given to programs related to health care and/or educational services.
Grants are restricted to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, units of local government (i.e. school district, county, city, etc.) and faith-based organizations that serve the general community. Grants are typically limited to a maximum of $10,000. Awards are to be paid in one installment after an agreement letter is signed and returned from the grantee. Checks will be made payable to the institution or agency sponsoring the grant application.
The South Plains Foundation grants are generally small compared to those made by larger foundations. Therefore, a project budget cannot include “operating costs” or overhead costs. It is expected that all funds granted for a project will be used exclusively for that project. Any media materials or published materials developed by the institution/agency as a by-product of the grant should acknowledge the contribution of the South Plains Foundation.
After they receive your complete proposal, the South Plains Foundation Committee will review and make final recommendations to the Community Foundation of West Texas Board of Directors. Additional information or a site visit may be requested. You will be notified of the Board’s decision as soon as possible after the Board meeting at which your application is considered. All grant recipients must report on the expenditure of grant funds and results of the supported project within one year of the award.
The Foundation Does Not Typically Fund
- Annual appeals, endowment funds, membership contributions or fundraising events
- Existing obligations, loans or debt retirement
- Long-term operating support
- Medical, scientific or academic research
- Political campaigns or direct lobbying efforts
- Operating and construction costs at schools or universities unless there is significant opportunity for community use or collaboration
- Projects that focus on the promotion of specific religious beliefs or construction projects of churches and other religious institutions
- Out of region travel for individuals, bands, sports teams, classes and similar groups.
- Grants to individuals or for-profit businesses
For more information, visit South Plains Foundation Grants.