The Baltimore Life Companies is currently accepting applications for its 2023 Community Grants Program.
Donor Name: The Baltimore Life Companies
State: Selected States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: up to $500
For more than 20 years, The Baltimore Life Companies have viewed community involvement as the responsibility, not only through financial support of local organizations, but through the employees’ commitment to volunteerism. To further demonstrate the belief in good corporate citizenship, Baltimore Life has established a community grants program to help nonprofit organizations enhance the quality of life in communities—Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and West Virginia—where the employees live and work.
Grants of up to $500 will be awarded to multiple organizations. The grants program is a continuation of Baltimore Life’s long-standing tradition of giving back to the communities.
- All organizations applying for a grant must be certified by the Internal Revenue Service as not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) organizations. Exceptions may be made for non-profit organizations operating under the direction of government agencies, such as public libraries, senior centers, homeless shelters, etc.
- Baltimore Life will consider proposals from organizations addressing family, safety, and community enhancement issues in the communities served by the local offices. Examples of eligible programs include child safety education, community clean-up campaigns, and neighborhood watch activities, etc.
- Baltimore Life seeks to fund specific programs rather than supporting general operating expenses. Priority is given to ambitious organizations that already have “volunteer power” in place but need financial support to implement their specific home-grown projects.
- Churches and synagogues, as well as parochial and public schools, may also apply if their “umbrella” organizations have tax-exempt status, and as long as the grants are used for non-religious programs that benefit the community.
- The following groups are NOT eligible for grant consideration: individuals, government agencies seeking funding for municipal services, and religious organizations requesting funds for sectarian activities. The following activities are not eligible for grant consideration: deficit spending, fund raising, advertising, political campaigns, scholarship programs, trips, tours, and sporting events/tournaments.
- Recognizing that hundreds of groups in each community need support, Baltimore Life usually does not award more than one grant to any organization during the calendar year.
- Since some communities are served by more than one of the local offices, applying organizations should apply for a grant from only one of the office locations.
- You may contact your local office below to deliver your application.
For more information, visit TBLC.