The ArtsWave is currently accepting letters of intent for FY2024-2026 Sustaining Impact General Operating Grant Program.
Donor Name: ArtsWave
State: Selected States
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
The purpose of ArtsWave’s general operating grant program is to provide general operating support to arts and cultural heritage organizations whose programming supports the goals of ArtsWave’s Blueprint for Collective Action to ensure their ongoing capacity to drive community impact.
General operating support in FY2024 will be provided across three funding categories:
- Large Regional: Organizations that do not serve a specific geographic area and have an annual budget of $1 million or more;
- Midsize Regional: Organizations that do not serve a specific geographic area and have an annual budget of between $300,000 – $1 million;
- Small Regional and Community-Based: Organizations that do not serve a specific geographic area and have an annual budget of less than $300,000.
ArtsWave believes that strong arts create strong communities and actively seeks to promote access, equity, and inclusiveness in its grantmaking. ArtsWave will not award grant support to organizations that, in their constitution, bylaws, or practices, discriminate against a person or group because of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or religious belief. In doing so, they seek to promote respect for all people.
To be eligible for FY2024 General Operating support, an organization must meet all the following requirements
- Have a primary mission to provide programs or activities in areas directly concerned with arts or cultural heritage for the public demonstrated by 51%+ of the operating budget directed toward those areas;
- Be based in ArtsWave’s 16 counting funding region, including: Brown, Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren Counties in Ohio; Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, and Pendleton Counties in Kentucky; and Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio and Union Counties in Indiana;
- Have a 501(c)3 tax status for five or more years for the Small Regional and Midsize Regional categories OR 10 or more years for the Large Regional category;
- Employ at least 1 FTE paid and/or contract professional and/or administrative staff (Full-time Equivalent is defined as an average of 30 hours per week comprised of no more than 2 individuals);
- Have received some form of funding support from ArtsWave in at least three of ArtsWave’s last five fiscal years (Five-year period = Sept. 1, 2017 – August 31, 2022); this does not include pass-through CARES Act or ARP Act governmental funding;
- Have maintained a balanced budget over the organization’s past three fiscal years OR have less than 10% accumulated deficit of annual operating budget, and;
- For Midsize Regional and Large Regional organizations ONLY- have maintained a current ratio of 2 or greater over the past three fiscal years.
For more information, visit Sustaining Impact.