County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1,000,000
Grant Duration: 3 years
Program priorities include the following:
- Housing, including but not limited to transitional housing, maternity homes, and other safe housing options.
- Gaps in services for pregnant families and their children up to two years of age, including childcare and in-state transportation to obtain services and other resources pertaining to the pregnancy or accessing care.
- Pregnancy and accessibility challenges specific to ESL clients/patients, children in or aging out of foster care, and those in substance use disorder (SUD) treatment or recovery.
Two grant types will be available: Strong Families Support Services Grant
- Strong Families Supplies and Assistance Grant
- The state has allocated a maximum liability per contract not to exceed $100,000.00 for nonprofit organizations and pregnancy centers in TN that provide direct service to mothers, children, and families.
- Funding can be used for Goods Assistance for families and individuals such as new baby equipment, furniture, diapers, food, clothes, and supplies for maternity care, postnatal care, and breastfeeding. Assistance is voluntary and based on need. Funding may be used to provide subcontract services such as translation services, counselors, and transportation. Supplies and assistance are to be used/provided within the lifetime of the contract. Refer to allowables/unallowables section in this solicitation for equipment and supplies that can be purchased.
- Strong Families Support Services Grant
- The state has allocated a maximum liability per contract not to exceed $1,000,000.00 for nonprofit organizations and pregnancy centers in TN that provide direct service to mothers, children, and families.
- Projects should support one or more of the program priorities, Program Purpose. Funds may be used to provide support services including the following:
- Direct services for pregnancy support, which can include medical, mental health or other counseling services
- Support for Tennesseans who are considering adoption
- Workforce assistance to prepare new moms for self-sufficiency
- Housing assistance to help moms in crisis find a safe and stable place to live
- Additional wraparound services to support vulnerable mothers and their children, including but not limited to, childcare and transportation assistance.
- Year 1: April 1, 2024 – June 30, 2024 – $80,000.00
- Year 2: July 1, 2024 – June 30, 2025 – $350,000.00
- Year 3: July 1, 2025 – June 30, 2026 – $300,000.00
- Year 4: July 1, 2026 – June 30, 2027 – $270,000.00
Contracts are expected to begin no later than April 1, 2024. Applicants should prepare their contract budgets for at least three years and three months. Contracts will end on June 30, 2027.
To be considered for a grant, interested applicants MUST at a minimum meet ALL of the following requirements. Applications will only be considered from applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be not-for-profit organizations and must submit a copy of the organization’s current and valid not-for-profit 501(c)(3) tax status determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Applicants must have a physical location or office in the State of Tennessee.
- Applicants must have been operating and providing direct services in TN for at least 12 months prior to their application submission date.
- Nonprofit organizations and pregnancy centers must provide direct services to pregnant women and families that promote a healthy pregnancy and birth. Services through this grant funding are for those experiencing a pregnancy and may continue for an additional 24 months or through the first two years of the child’s life. Services may include providing clothing, counseling, diapers, food, furniture, housing, health care, substance-use disorder treatment or recovery, postpartum recovery, shelter, and any other meaningful services, or programs throughout pregnancy and up to the first two years of the child’s life.
- Applicants must meet the criteria listed in section four of the solicitation. Those not able to demonstrate they meet these criteria will not be considered.
For more information, visit Tennessee Department of Finance and Administration.