The Durham Arts Council is inviting applications for its Season Grant Program to provide access to quality arts experiences for the people of Durham by supporting the activities of arts organizations that provide a range of professional and amateur arts opportunities.
Donor Name: Durham Arts Council
State: North Carolina
County: Durham County (NC)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Up to $10,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
The Season Grant program supports the operations and programs of nonprofit arts organizations to provide a range of professional and amateur arts opportunities for the people of Durham. The panel will also consider to what degree the full slate of recommended grant applications fulfills the intent of the grant program.
COVID-19 continues to have an enormous impact on how arts programs can be conducted, artists supported and audiences engaged. They encourage nonprofit arts organizations to apply for operating support and to focus on building back capacity and infrastructure.
- Organizations with BIPOC leadership may request up to $10,000 in cash. Leadership is defined as the combined staff and board. Leadership is considered BIPOC when more than 50% of the staff and board are BIPOC. All other organizations may request up to $8,600 in cash.
- The activity must occur between July 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024.
- Arts nonprofits may request support for general operations, a project, equipment, or small-scale capital projects. They encourage arts nonprofits to request support that will help them strengthen capacity and infrastructure.
- Cultural/Humanities nonprofits may request support for an arts project.
- Applicant must be a Durham County based non-profit organization with 501(c) (3) status or a fiscal agent.
- An applicant does not have to be an arts organization to request project support but the project must be an arts activity.
- Arts projects or the operating expenses of arts organizations are eligible for funding. Season Grants may not be used to support fund-raising activities.
- To request operating support the applicant must be an arts organization.
For more information, visit Durham Arts Council.