The Dane G. Hansen Foundation is currently accepting grant applications for programs or projects that benefit the people and communities of Northwest Kansas.
Donor Name: Dane G. Hansen Foundation
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Grant Duration: 1 year
The Dane G. Hansen Foundation is committed to providing opportunities for the people of Northwest Kansas to enjoy the highest possible quality of life.
Fulfillment of their mission is predicated on three specific goals:
- Strengthening and supporting their communities
- Creating an environment for growth
- Increasing economic opportunities
They will advance their mission by investing in the areas of:
- Education: The Foundation recognizes that education promotes self-reliance on personal life skills and the creation of a capable workforce
- Health Care: Access to quality health care services and the promotion of healthy life practices are key components for residents of any community
- Economic Development: Development of a robust and sustainable economy includes a diversity of businesses and quality job opportunities
- Community Social Services & Security: Residents need access to social services for individuals with special needs or those who are in crisis. Communities need support systems to provide community disaster relief and respond to emergencies
- Conservation & Environment: Preservation and an appreciation of the natural environment, including maintaining high air and water quality, is critical with regard to both economic and social future of northwest Kansas
- Arts & Culture: Providing cultural and artistic opportunities enhances the quality of life for local residents and encourages tourism and the exchange of ideas
- Community Beautification: Supporting local efforts to improve and maintain public spaces promotes community pride and encourages socialization among residents.
- The Dane G. Hansen Foundation’s primary service area includes the 26 most Northwest Kansas counties
- Consideration will be given to proposals from organizations outside the primary service area if the proposal provides substantial benefits to the people or communities within the primary service area.
Applicants must qualify as one of the following:
- Organizations that have applied for and received an Internal Revenue Service ruling that the organization qualifies as a public charity or supporting organization and is exempt from tax under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations that are governmental bodies or subdivisions of governmental bodies. Examples include cities, counties, fire departments, hospitals or libraries
- Organizations that qualify under a blanket exemption ruling granted to a parent organization. Examples include local 4-H Clubs, Boy Scout troops, and many religious organizations.
The Hansen Foundation will NOT consider proposals for the following:
- Political projects of any kind
- Normal organizational operating expenses (exceptions may be considered in the establishment of a new organization)
- Degree programs
- Organizations without tax exempt 501(c)(3) status
- Private foundations
- Grants to individuals (with the exception of the Foundation’s scholarship program)
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, ancestry, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or any other protected class specified by Federal, State, or Local Law.
For more information, visit DGHF.