The Community Impact Grants support the mission of the Community Foundation by providing grants to nonprofit-led initiatives that enrich quality of life in Sturgis and the surrounding area in St. Joseph County, Michigan.
Donor Name: Sturgis Area Community Foundation
County: St. Joseph County (MI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $5,000
SACF is committed to making a positive, lasting impact on quality of life in local communities. Through Community Impact Grants they support a broad range of programs and projects including, but not limited to, arts and culture, community and economic development, education, health, human services, housing, seniors, and youth. While it is not required for eligibility, the Community Impact Grants program currently prioritizes funding for projects that address:
- Vibrant Communities: Arts & Culture, Public Spaces, Parks & Recreation, Community Engagement, Neighborhood Revitalization etc.
- Educational Attainment: Early Childhood Education, K-12 Education, Adult Education, Career Preparation, Youth Programs, Vocational Education
- Community Development: Housing, Talent Attraction & Retention, Workforce Development.
Community Impact Grant applications are designated for requests of more than $5,000.
There are some specific eligibility rules to keep in mind before you consider applying:
- The Foundation will only make grants to federal 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations, government entities, school districts, and universities.
- While grants to religious organizations are considered, sectarian religious programs are not eligible.
- The Foundation does not make grants to individuals or grants to cover deficits or other previously incurred obligations.
- The Foundation only grants to entities that have submitted all final reports that are due to the Foundation on previous grants they have received from them.
- Grants must serve residents of the communities in St. Joseph County, Michigan.
For more information, visit SACF.