Donor Name: Stryker Johnston Foundation
County: Kalamazoo County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/01/2022
They currently invest in and collaborate with organizations and initiatives working towards the elimination of intergenerational poverty in Kalamazoo County, Michigan. They intentionally focus on supporting organizations that are led by and serve Black people, people of color, and other marginalized communities. They seek to partner with organizations and initiatives that:
- Improve the economic security, social wellbeing and inclusion of marginalized community members.
- Disrupt systems and structures that perpetuate generational poverty.
They provide funding for:
- General operating support
- Multi-year funding
- Specific projects or programs
- Collaborations or collective action efforts
- Capacity building
- Capital campaigns— A limited portion of the grant funds go towards capital campaigns. Funding requests are subject to additional levels of review.
You may be eligible for funding if:
- You are a legally registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, or you have a confirmed fiscal sponsor that is a legally registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- You are a governmental agency or educational institution (school, college, university).
- Your organization, program, or project primarily serves residents of Kalamazoo County, Michigan.
- You have a board policy in place that demonstrates your organization’s commitment to equal opportunity for all persons and is inclusive of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected status. They expect this policy to cover staff, board, volunteers, and clients of your organization.
NOTE: Each grant applicant will be asked to submit a copy of their organization’s board policy with their Letter of Inquiry (LOI). An organization will not be eligible to receive grant funds if their nondiscrimination policy is not inclusive of the information listed above. If an organization’s board policy is not compliant, it may be updated during the grant application process in order to be considered for a funding decision.
For more information, visit Stryker Johnston Foundation.