The School Arts Experience Grant program supports the presentation of innovative fine arts activities, performances and educational content that expand learning opportunities for Iowa K-12 students in and outside of the classroom.
Donor Name: Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $2,500
Grant Duration: 4 months
The program provides support to schools, professional teaching artists and non-profit organizations to strengthen the role of the arts in student learning and achievement.
Applicants may request funding for eligible one-time project expenses that are incurred and expended within the eligible funding period.
- Minimum Grant Request: $500
- Maximum Grant Request: $2,500
The funding period of March 1, 2023 – June 30, 2023.
Eligible applicants must be one of the following types of entities. Entities who do not meet these requirements are not eligible to apply:
- Public and private non-profit 501(c)3 schools or school districts that serve grades K through 12 and are physically located in Iowa whose primary orientation, mission and purpose is education and the awarding of academic credits.
- School districts and school foundations are eligible to apply for the same project on behalf of multiple schools within their district. For example, the proposed project could serve all 4th graders within the district.
- Federally tax exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations incorporated and physically located in Iowa
- Physical location of the organization is defined as maintaining a current home office and registered agent address in Iowa defined by Iowa Code 490.501 as well as maintaining a primary staff presence physically located and working in Iowa
- Entities located in a border community may be eligible under the Border State Policy
- Entities not yet formally organized may be eligible under the Fiscal Agent Policy
- Professional individual teaching artist, including visual or performing artist, filmmaker, musician, or creative writer
- Current, full-time Iowa resident with permanent address in Iowa
- Legal Iowa resident as defined by Iowa Code 422.4 and Iowa Administrative Code 701.38.17 (422)
- 18 years of age or older
- An application must support a project that is initiated, produced, and/or managed by the individual teaching artist, not another entity or organization
- Individuals who seek funding on behalf of programs or entities that are not yet formally organized as a nonprofit must apply as an organization and adhere to the Fiscal Agent Policy
- Applicants who represent an artist collective, artist team, or band must apply as an individual on behalf of the group and clearly state their individual role in the project proposal as the individual will be legally obligated to the terms of the grant agreement
For more information, visit School Arts Experience Grant.