The Salem Community Foundation is currently accepting applications for Financial Assistance.
Donor Name: Salem Community Foundation
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/01/2022
The Foundation makes grants to 501(c)(3) organizations that are currently registered as a State of Ohio charitable organization with the State of Ohio Attorney General’s office. Grant applicants must serve people in the Salem area, have an IRS 501(c)(3) designation, and support the areas of arts and humanities, health and human services, public and community services, and education. Grants are provided through endowment funds and support a broad range of needs.
The Salem Community Foundation is interested in funding organizations that can demonstrate that they have planned their projects with respect to the community’s overall needs.
Priority is given to projects that:
- Reach a broad segment of the community that utilizes innovative programs aimed at meeting community needs
- Encourage efforts to promote, coordinate, and cooperate with other organizations to provide for more efficient use of community resources and avoid duplication of services
- Assist organization’s whose needs are not currently being met
- Enhance or improve an organization’s self-sufficiency or efficiency
- Encourage matching gifts from the community members and/or other organizations
- Reflect a Salem community-wide effort of assisting the disadvantaged or disabled through self-help activities
- Need the last dollar to make the organization’s vision become a reality
The Salem Community Foundation does not, unless designated by the donor, usually make grants:
- To individuals
- For religious purposes
- To support operating budgets of established organizations or programs
- To reduce budget deficits
- For endowments
- For conferences, scholarly research, or projects that are normally the responsibility of the organization
- To federal agencies
- To an organization which has not yet been determined to be tax-exempt
For more information, visit Salem Community Foundation.