The New Jersey Historic Trust is accepting applications for its Municipal, County, and Regional Planning Grant Program to foster sound planning and stewardship for New Jersey’s historic properties.
Donor Name: New Jersey Historic Trust
State: New Jersey
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $5,000 to $75,000
Municipal, County, and Regional Planning (MCRP) Grants are intended to foster sound planning and stewardship for New Jersey’s historic properties. Grants are available to broaden public awareness and enjoyment of historic sites.
Municipal, County, and Regional Planning (MCRP) grant requests may range from $5,000 to $75,000. Grant applicants are eligible for a 3:1 funding match in which the Trust may provide up to 75% of total project costs, not to exceed $75,000. The applicant must demonstrate the ability to match 25% of the total project cost for which the grant is requested.
The following activities are eligible for a MCRP grant:
- Preparation of Design Guidelines
- Preparation or revision of Local Historic Preservation Ordinances
- Preparation of historic preservation components to a municipal or county Master Plan
- Preparation of an architectural survey to identify historic properties using the NJ State Historic Preservation Office’s approved guidelines and format
The following organizations or groups are eligible to apply for grants through this program:
- Agencies or entities of county government
- Agencies or entities of municipal government
- Agencies or entities of state government
- Nonprofit organizations organized under the New Jersey Nonprofit Corporation Act that qualify for tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue code (26 U.S.C. 501 (c)). Nonprofit applicants must include documentation of their Federal tax-exempt status and registration with the State.
- Nonprofit organizations are not eligible to apply for projects that benefit churches and houses of worship.
- Individually listed in the NJ or National Register of Historic Places
- Contributing resource to a historic district listed in the NJ or National Register
- Certified eligible for listing by the Deputy State Historic Preservation Officer.
For more information, visit NJHT.