The Mayor’s Office of Housing & Community Development (MOHCD), in collaboration with the Office of Transgender Initiatives (OTI), is offering community-based organizations the opportunity to apply for two funding opportunities that will serve San Francisco’s transgender community.
Donor Name: Mayor’s Office of Housing & Community Development
City: San Francisco
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Community-based Agency
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/21/2022
Size of the Grant: $2,000,000
Grant Duration: 2 years
The first grant opportunity is being coordinated by MOHCD, along with the Office of the Treasurer and Tax Collector (TTX). This funding will support a lead agency to work collaboratively with other community serving agencies to implement a Transgender Basic Income Pilot Program.
The second grant opportunity will support an agency to provide workforce development, English as a Second Language (ESL), and barrier removal services for the monolingual Latinx immigrant transgender community.
- Transgender Guaranteed Income Program Pilot: $2,000,000
- Funding to Support Transgender Workforce Development for Monolingual Latinx Immigrants $125,000
MOHCD Eligibility Requirements
All applicants must meet all the following eligibility requirements to be considered for MOHCD funding.
- Applicants must be a community-based agency that is non-profit and tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or apply under a valid fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations receiving a grant from this RFP must be approved City suppliers or have started the process of becoming a City Supplier at time of proposal submission.
- MOHCD contracts are administered on a cost reimbursement basis. Grantees are reimbursed after invoicing for expenses incurred.
- No City agencies or departments may apply for funding under this RFP.
For more information, visit MOHCD.