The Our Fund Foundation/Community Foundation of Broward Funders Collaborative sets a collective goal of creating a more informed and empathetic general populace in Broward County that is supportive of protecting the civil liberties and expression of LGBTQ people living in Broward County.
Donor Name: Our Fund Foundation
County: Broward County (FL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $50,000
While the affluence of a segment of Broward’s LGBTQ community is highly visible, LGBTQ people in Broward and across the country remain a marginalized class and vulnerable population. Actions and policies being discussed in the political discourse are expected to further exacerbate disparities imposed upon LGBTQ people, including in health, income, education, and safety.
To that end, OF and CFB are partnering to support programs and services that will create awareness among Broward County’s residents about the size, diversity, impact and influence of Broward’s significant LGBTQ community and implement strategies that will achieve the following:
- Build bridges of understanding, awareness and empathy among Broward County’s residents related to the systemic injustices currently and historically facing LGBTQ people, and/or
- Create programs and services for Broward County’s residents in the areas of the economic, health, education, stigma and other challenges facing LGBTQ people in their community, and/or
- Foster community engagement to initiate or continue advocacy work to address unique systemic barriers that prevent LGBTQ+ and LGBTQ+BIPOC from achieving equity in all areas of life. Your efforts to intended to ensure advances in LGBT equality take root and are sustained.
Grants are made possible by Funds established at Our Fund Foundation and the Community Foundation of Broward.
Organizations can apply with a proposal up to a maximum of $50,000.
To be eligible for funding, your organization must:
- Be a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, or provide documentation that the organization is fiscally sponsored by an organization that has 501(c)(3) status
- A LGBTQ-primary organization (defined as an organization whose mission includes the LGBTQ population as the primary focus of their work; whose staff and board predominantly reflect the LGBTQ community; and which primarily serves LGBTQ people); or
- A non-LGBTQ-primary organization seeking funding for a LGBTQ-specific program/project should show a track record or history of serving the LGBTQ+ BIPOC community, or have an LGBTQ+ partnering organization that is BIPOC led.
- Request support for a project serving Broward County residents.
- Request support for a project occurring beginning April 2023. Implementation period is flexible.
For more information, visit LGBTQ+ Social Justic & Equity.