Donor Name: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
States: All States
County: All Counties
U.S. Territories: American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $250,000
Grant Duration: 3 years
The overall goal of the Fostering Research with Additional Resources and Development (FORWARD) Urology Centers program is to foster and expand the urology (excluding cancer) research community. The objective of each FORWARD Urology Center will be to support a Research Project designed and conducted by a collaborative, multidisciplinary team comprising primarily of junior investigators with at least one Early Stage Investigator (ESI) and/or researcher new to urology. Research Project data are expected to support one or more follow-on independent grant applications (e.g., R01s) submitted by Research Project Team investigators. The Center PD(s)/PI(s) will lead an Administrative (Project Support) Core to provide guidance to the Research Project Team to help ensure the research aims are met and to aid them in their successful integration into the broader urologic research field. The Center will leverage intra- and extra-institutional resources, collaborations and facilities and engage as a member of NIDDK’s CAIRIBU (Collaborating for the Advancement of Interdisciplinary Research in Benign Urology) Program.
Application budgets are limited to $250,000 in Direct Costs per year. Of this amount up to but not exceeding $25,000 in Direct Costs per year should be budgeted for the Administrative (Project Support) Core component, including the effort of the Center PD(s)/PI(s).
Award Project Period
The maximum project period is 3 years.
Higher Education Institutions
- Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
- Private Institutions of Higher Education
The following types of Higher Education Institutions are always encouraged to apply for NIH support as Public or Private Institutions of Higher Education:
- Hispanic-serving Institutions
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
- Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs)
- Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions
- Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs)
- Nonprofits Other Than Institutions of Higher Education
- Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- Small Businesses
- For-Profit Organizations (Other than Small Businesses)
- State Governments
- County Governments
- City or Township Governments
- Special District Governments
- Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Federally Recognized)
- Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized)
- Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government
- U.S. Territory or Possession
- Independent School Districts
- Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
- Native American Tribal Organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Faith-based or Community-based Organizations
- Regional Organizations
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.