The American Savings Foundation is seeking applications for its Program Grants to support direct services where the funding can make a measurable impact, especially for those with the greatest need.
Donor Name: American Savings Foundation
Cities: New Britain, Waterbury
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/13/2022
The three priorities areas are:
The Foundation considers support for established programs that have been demonstrated to make a meaningful difference in the community and in the lives of those they serve. They also consider funding for new, innovative programs that fill an unmet need in the community, and where there is evidence of broad local support. They are interested in funding collaborative programs, and also in providing matching funds to leverage new dollars into the community.
The American Savings Foundation is a broad-based funder with a special emphasis on the needs of children, youth and families. The program’s primary focus is in New Britain and Waterbury.
With very few exceptions, they do not fund:
- General operating support or unrestricted grants
- Primary or secondary schools—public, private independent, or parochial—or colleges and universities
- Funding to replace municipal, state or federal funding
- If your request is for any of the above purposes, they strongly encourage you call the Foundation before submitting a proposal.
In order to apply:
Organization must be tax exempt under IRS section 501(c)(3).
Ineligible for funding:
- Political advocacy and lobbying
- Religious institutions, except for non-sectarian activities that benefit the community at-large
- Annual campaigns
- Endowment funds
- Travel (e.g. sports teams, field trips).
- Event sponsorships (e.g. golf, galas)
- Private Foundations
Also, because the Foundation operates a large college scholarship program (see Scholarships), it does not provide funding for scholarship programs operated by schools or other nonprofit organizations.
For more information, visit Program Grants.