Donor Name: Philip L. Graham Fund
Counties: Selected Counties
Cities: Alexandria, Falls Church, Manassas, and Manassas Park
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/06/2021
Size of the Grant: $30,000 to $75,000
The Fund is always looking for innovative and efficient organizations to support. Over the past several decades, the Fund has invested tens of millions of dollars in the physical infrastructure, information technology, and transportation needs of local nonprofits organizations. The Fund’s five-member board weighs requests for one-time projects or expenses equally with requests for program or operational support. Multiyear grant requests are also considered.
The Fund typically awards grants ranging in size from $30,000 to $75,000, with larger grants awarded on occasion.
To be considered for a grant, an organization must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Serve residents of one or more of the jurisdictions in the Fund’s giving footprint, which includes:
- Washington, D.C.
- Maryland: Charles, Montgomery, and Prince George’s counties.
- Virginia: Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties and the cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, Manassas, and Manassas Park.
- The Fund no longer accepts proposals from organizations located in or primarily serving residents of Calvert, St. Mary’s, or Stafford counties.
- Align with the Fund’s giving priorities and provide services that fit into one or more of its Focus Areas: Health & Human Services, Education, Arts and Humanities, Community Endeavors.
- Meet the eligibility requirements for past applicants and grantees. Eligible organizations will have:
- Not received a grant from the Fund in the previous twenty-four months.
- Not had a funding request declined by the Fund in the previous twelve months; and
- Submitted a Final Grant Report for any previously awarded grants.
Organizations not Considered
The Fund does not consider organizations that are undergoing an executive leadership change. The Fund also does not consider requests from:
- Government agencies..
- Membership organizations.
- Individual public, nonpublic or private schools
- Parent Teacher Associations.
- National or international organizations or concerns.
- Hospitals or hospital foundations.
- Organizations significantly involved in advocacy, litigation, or efforts to change public policy.
For more information, visit Philip L. Graham Fund.