Palo Alto Weekly Holiday Fund to support non-profit organizations with programs serving children or families in the Palo Alto area.
Donor Name: Palo Alto Online
City: Palo Alto
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/14/2022
Size of the Grant: $25,000
The Palo Alto Weekly Holiday fund is a donor-advised fund of Silicon Valley Community Foundation. The Holiday Fund was established in 1994 and has made over $8 million in grants to community organizations in the Palo Alto area.
Areas of Funding
It does this through the following grantmaking programs:
- Program support grants, generally ranging from $500 to $15,000.
- Child care capital grants, ranging from $500 to $10,000, providing non-profit child care centers and preschools funds to improve playgrounds, acquire equipment or renovate facilities.
- Multi-year renewable grants, ranging from $15,000 to $25,000 per year for up to three years in support of new program initiatives (Only one or two of these grants, if any, will be made).
The Holiday Fund desires to support not only organizations that are providing services to families and children “in crisis,” but also groups that are engaged in efforts to strengthen families, neighborhoods and community that might be considered preventative in nature.
Although not restricted as such, they prefer to fund organizations:
- with budgets less than $3 million
- that are based in Palo Alto, Menlo Park or East Palo Alto and whose sole focus is that region
- that serve a great many people rather than provide intensive service to very few
- where they support can make a significant impact
All grants must be made to 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Multi-year renewable grants will be made one year at a time and renewed based on their evaluation of the program’s progress. Agencies may apply for both regular program grants and for multi-year grants, but separate applications are required.
For more information, visit Holiday Fund Grant.