The Otto Schoitz Foundation is seeking grant applications in order to improve the health and wellbeing of the community, the Otto Schoitz Foundation leaders believe in the following principles and approach.
Donor Name: Otto Schoitz Foundation
County: Black Hawk County (IA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/10/2022
- Comprehensive – for sustained improvement, a broad approach is taken:
- Addressing the multi-dimensional levels of individuals, i.e., the physical, emotional and mental levels.
- Investing in the community to enhance its vibrancy for all to live, learn, work, play, and age.
- Initiating change for community betterment, actively and collaboratively.
- Partnership – the Foundation partners with others to address community issues.
- Impartiality and Objectivity – to advance its mission, the Foundation objectively distributes funds to aligned organizations that do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law.
- Perpetuity – the Foundation safeguards its endowment for the betterment of generations to come.
- Continuous Improvement – the Foundation adapts, evolves and changes with the times, thereby maximizing its benefit to the community.
The Funding Approach:
- The Foundation is a steward of resources to help the community and its people grow and develop.
- The Foundation seeks to continually increase the community’s vitality, providing greater opportunity for residents to pursue life goals and experience positive quality of life.
- The Foundation ‘meets the needs of the time’ as opportunities unfold in the grant application process or are identified by the leadership living and working within the community.
- The funding preference favors proposals focused on significant community need and / or benefit and that:
- Improve residents’ quality of life.
- Better community.
- Meet the needs of the vulnerable.
- Create equitable opportunities, particularly as it relates to racial / ethnic equities.
- Address root or primary causes.
- Show evidence of success and impact.
- Impact Waterloo, because of the greater need.
- Share in funding with others.
Ineligible for Funding
- For-profit entities or not-for-profits that are not 501c3’s
- Competitors of MercyOne
- Projects not aligned with the Foundation’s mission
- Fundraising events or endowment campaigns
- Religious events and promotions
- Multiple applications from a single entity in a given funding cycle
- Projects beyond the 30-mile radius of Waterloo IA
For more information, visit Otto Schoitz Foundation