Heritage Fund is seeking applications for its Opportunity Grants program.
Donor Name: Heritage Fund
County: Bartholomew County (IN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entities: Schools, Municipalities, Non-profit Organisations and Libraries
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Grant Size: $3,000
Opportunity Grants are intended to support urgent program needs and other time sensitive efforts where a small grant will impact a non-profit organization and the clients they serve.
Organizations are eligible to receive a maximum of $3,000 per year.
Organizations classified as 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charities by the Internal Revenue Service are eligible for grants. Public entities such as schools, municipalities, and libraries may also qualify. Organizations must be located in or provide services for the benefit of Bartholomew County.
Grants will not be made:
- To individuals.
- For events, performances, seminars or trips unless there are special circumstances which will benefit the community.
- For individual school needs, unless approved in writing by the school administration.
- To faith based organizations unless the project in question is not religious in nature, is not restricted based on faith, and involves no faith based proselytizing.
- Replacing a gradual loss of funding/declining donation income or lost government funding.
- Providing interim funding while waiting for government reimbursement.
- Addressing problems resulting from an organization’s failure to adequately plan or exercise duty of care (Examples: failure to plan for maintenance costs or replacement costs of existing assets, failure to pay taxes, not anticipating construction contingency costs).
For more information, visit Opportunity Grants.