The Santa Barbara Foundation is now accepting applications for the Small Capacity Building Grants Program to strengthen the organizational capacity and effectiveness of Santa Barbara County nonprofits.
Donor Name: Santa Barbara Foundation
County: Santa Barbara County (CA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 09/06/2022
Grant Size: up to $5,000
The Foundation believes organizations are more effective when they are equipped with thoughtful strategy, strong leadership, sound operations, and compelling communication. It is the hope that this funding helps organizations strengthen these fundamentals in support of their mission and better programmatic outcomes.
Types of Support
The Santa Barbara Foundation has established the following guidelines for its Small Capacity Building grants in the following areas.
- Defined projects such as program design and piloting as well as strategic marketing, communications or development plans. NOTE: While staff time, consulting services, and other costs related to the proposed project are welcome, these small grants are not intended to support staff positions. (e.g. hiring a development director)
- Small capital items and equipment that specifically allow your staff to serve clients and fulfill its mission
- Organizational development and capacity building (i.e. campaign feasibility studies, strategic planning, succession planning, program evaluation, exploratory strategic alliances, emergency/business continuity planning)
- Staff, board, or volunteer training and development as well as collaborative learning opportunities
The maximum award for Small Capacity Building Grant is $5,000.
- Organizations must be certified as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or use a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) tax status. Applications that do not contain a valid EIN (tax ID) number will not be considered.
- The foundation accepts applications from public entities such as schools, universities, and libraries through an affiliate or supporting 501(c)(3) organization.
- An agency acting as the fiscal sponsor on behalf of a community collaborative may be eligible to submit proposals on behalf of its own agency needs as well as the needs of the collaborative.
- A fiscal sponsor may submit one application on behalf of their organization and one application acting as a fiscal sponsor per grant program in a calendar year.
- Small Capacity Grants are available for organizations serving all regions of Santa Barbara County.
For more information, visit Santa Barbara Foundation.