The Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut is pleased to announce the Norwich Youth Grants to support youth development programs and services for economically and socially disadvantaged Norwich youth.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut
City: Norwich City
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entities: 501(c)(3) Charitable Organizations, Schools, Municipal and Governmental Agencies
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/14/2022
Grant Size: $15,000
Priority is given to programs that empower youth:
- enhance quality early childhood education and intervention services;
- support mentoring programs that encourage relationships between youth and caring adults;
- support access to programs that promote mental and physical health as well as those that address disconnected youth;
- enhance educational opportunities in science, literacy, arts and culture, especially for those that use experiential learning;
- support post-secondary education access and job readiness;
- support youth-led social change and elevate the voices of youth in program planning.
The Foundation will Fund
Preference is given to programs that:
- are offered by Norwich-based organizations;
- seek to eliminate racism and societal inequities;
- incorporate the voices of youth and their families in planning;
- are collaborative in nature and are rooted in evidence-based, solution-oriented approaches;
- include specific and measurable outcomes and affect positive change over the long term.
Eligible applicants may submit grant requests of up to $15,000. Few grants are made at the maximum amount.
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, schools, municipal or governmental agencies, or partner with a nonprofit fiscal agent. They do not make grants to individuals or for-profit endeavors.
- Applicants must serve one or more of the 42 communities in Eastern Connecticut.
- They do not provide funding for capital or endowment campaigns, litigation costs, religious programming, endowment campaigns, deficit funding or debt retirement. They do not typically make grants for special events.
- Applicants may not discriminate against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state and/or local laws.
- Grant reports must be received before a new grant award may be made.
For more information, visit Norwich Youth Grants.