The Northern Chautauqua Environmental Fund supports programs that promote local environmental education, particularly as it relates to Lake Erie and its watershed.
Donor Name: Northern Chautauqua Community Foundation
States: New York
County: Chautauqua County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/10/2022
Size of the Grant: $500
The purpose of the fund is to increase public knowledge of environmental issues in Chautauqua County, particularly those relating to Lake Erie and its watershed.
In most instances, grants will be no greater than $500.
Who is eligible to receive a grant from the Northern Chautauqua Environmental Fund?
- Environmental organizations that are recognized as non-profit tax exempt under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code are eligible to apply. Educational institutions and other public agencies (agencies of the state, county or local government) are eligible to apply.
- Individuals interested in applying for a grant must be affiliated with an eligible organization.
What types of activities will be funded?
- A broad range of educational activities will be funded, including educational events, hands-on educational experiences, stipends for internships and lectures. Research projects are permitted, providing that the research is shared in a useful manner.
- Priority will be given to applications involving Lake Erie or its watershed.
- Grants will not be made for lobbying or political purposes.
For more information, visit Environmental Fund Project Grants.