The Oliver G. & Sarah Sloan Bauman Fund for the Arts is now open for applications.
Donor Name: Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
States: New York
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $32,000
Support shall be in the form of a grant, preferably matching funds.
Awards will be prioritized first for performances of “traditional, classical ballet and opera on the living stage, and preferably of the English, European, or Russian schools.” Qualifying performances should “preserve the originality of their composition, so the ballets are presented in their traditional choreography, and operas are sung in the language in which they were composed (except certain operas which may be customarily be rendered in English and are regarded as ‘traditional’ by the Metropolitan Opera Company of New York).”
If any funds remain after awards have been made to all ballet and opera nonprofits eligible under Tier 1, awards will be prioritized for qualifying performances presented through the encouragement and support of responsible music or theater nonprofits. Qualifying works shall “preserve the high quality of performance of traditional or classical works” of music, theater, or ballet from the repertories traditionally considered classical for each medium.
Total amount available for disbursement in 2023 is approximately $32,000.
- Grants are awarded only to organizations that have current Section 501(c)(3) status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Applicants must be located or delivering services in at least one of the eight counties of Western New York: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming.
- At any given time, organizations can only have one open competitive grant with the Bauman Fund.
The Foundation will not consider funding
- Religious purposes
- Projects outside the eight counties of Western New York (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming)
- Schools not registered with the New York State Education Department
- Attendance at or sponsorship of fundraising events for organizations
- Any partisan political activity. Funds from the foundation cannot be used to support or oppose a candidate for political office
- The Foundation will not award grants for the carrying on of any propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation (lobbying).
For more information, visit CFGB.