The Prudential Community Grants Program will provide local organizations and individuals with micro grants to support projects that create vibrancy in their neighborhoods.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of New Jersey
State: New Jersey
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: up to $5,000
Prudential has proudly partnered with The Community Foundation of New Jersey to manage the Prudential Community Grants Program.
The Prudential Community Grants Program will provide local organizations and individuals with micro grants to support projects that create vibrancy in their neighborhoods. These community-based projects have the potential to make neighborhoods more stable and empower residents to make changes they want to see. Local change makers and leaders often have the solutions to support their neighborhoods, but typically do not have access to financial resources.
Award Amounts: $2,500 for individuals and up to $5,000 to 501(c)3 organizations or organizations with a fiscal sponsor.
Uses of Funds Requirements
- Projects or Programs that increase resident access to opportunity and improve quality of life:
- Back to school backpack drive
- To support programming costs for basketball camp
- Project or Programs that supports neighborhood beautification:
- Organize and execute street clean up
- To commission a community mural
- General Operating Costs (only if organization is 501c3 eligible):
- Overhead cost including staffing and fixed expenses
Newark residents and Newark-based organizations with an operating budget under $500,000, additional parameters include:
- Individuals/Organization can only submit one application
- Current Grantees of Prudential are not eligible for this program
- Individuals/Organization must create neighborhood level impact in the city of Newark
- Applicants must be willing to share stories/outcomes as a result of the funding (Impact Story)
- Applicants must be able to identify how the funding will be utilized
- Applicant will require a community resident to endorse them
For more information, visit CFNJ.