Donor Name: Montrose Community Foundation
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/17/2021
Size of the Grant: $1000-$5000
In order to grow organizations in Montrose and the surrounding community and to incubate qualifying community projects and partnerships, the foundation will support programs and operating expenses through the MCF Impact Grants.
Grant amounts will be from $1000-$5000.
MCF Impact Grants will:
- Promote organizations that demonstrate financial responsibility and sustainability.
- Encourage innovative and strategic approaches.
- Support a “better together” approach (significant collaboration, less duplication of services).
- Invest in leadership and operations that demonstrate action.
- Encourage participation that is reflective of the entire community.
Organizations should be a registered 501(c)3 or have a current fiscal sponsor. If not a 501(c)3, please be prepared to describe your charitable or tax exemption status. The MCF can fund an organization that does not have the IRS tax status, but the project MUST be charitable. Applicant’s will create an account and submit their completed application through Smarter Select.
The following criteria are used in the evaluation of grant requests:
- Organization’s mission is aligned with their programs.
- Organization demonstrates that they understand the needs of the population they are serving and engages their constituents in their planning process.
- Impact of programs or services is explained.
- Population that is served is underserved or at-risk/vulnerable. Underserved meaning that there are not currently adequate services available for that population.
- Organization demonstrates collaboration.
- Financial information is complete.
MCF does not support requests for:
- Expenses for an individual
- Travel expenses
- College scholarships
- Requests from religious organizations for the sole purpose of furthering that religion
- Political activities
For more information, visit Impact Grants.