Baltimore Community Foundation is seeking proposals for its Mitzvah Fund for Good Deeds to provide gap funding for non-profits in the Baltimore community.
Donor Name: Baltimore Community Foundation
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Size of the Grant: $3,500
The Mitzvah Fund for Good Deeds was established in 2012 for the purpose of providing gap funding for non-profits in the Baltimore community.
The purpose to which Mitzvah Fund monies may be applied are broadly defined. Proposal may include funding for unrestricted needs, transportation, staffing, etc. Previous grants have included:
- COVID-19 at-home kits for students to read, learn and play
- Resource cards to distribute with meals for families in need
- Creating a diverse library at a local school
Grant requests to not exceed $3,500.
- Have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status or a fiscal agent
- Serve Baltimore region
- Not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, color, physical handicap, gender or sexual orientation
The Mitzvah Fund does not make grants for:
- Start-up organizations
- Capital campaigns, building construction, renovations or other capital projects
- Multiple years
- Institution of higher education
- Projects that do not serve the Baltimore region
For more information, visit Mitzvah Fund for Good Deeds.