The Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Cook County Community Fund.
Donor Name: Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
County: Cook County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1,000 to $5,000
The Cook County Community Fund Advisory Board awards grants from unrestricted funds to meet the needs of their community in the following areas: arts, community development, education, the environment, human services and youth. Within these areas, priority projects are those that:
- Strengthen community ties between individuals and collaboration between organizations within their service area (Cook County)
- Address underlying causes of community problems
- Respond to community needs that can be solved or softened by receiving grants of modest or moderate amounts
- Propose new solutions or responses and require start-up assistance
- Seek to create connections among a diverse cross-section of citizens, thereby increasing the community health and hospitality of their region
Applicants are encouraged to apply for matching funds from other grantmaking organizations. Consideration will be given to applicants that are leveraging matching funds.
Grants generally range from $1,000 to $5,000.
To be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must:
- Be classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code or have a fiscal sponsor classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Be located within the Cook County Community Fund service area of Cook County, including the Grand Portage Band of Lake Superior Chippewa/Gichi Onigaming
For more information, visit DSACF.