The Midland Area Community Foundation (MACF) is seeking applications for its Community Investment Grant to strengthen community by fostering collaboration and giving today and in the future.
Donor Name: Midland Area Community Foundation (MACF)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/15/2022
Size of the Grant: $40,000
MACF goes beyond simply making grants that advance charitable activities. The foundation also identifies current and emerging issues, help region prepare for the future, and provide donors the opportunity to leave lasting legacies. It is for these reasons the community foundations represent one of the fastest-growing areas of philanthropy. When people give back to the community they live in, it makes a lasting impact.
- Building their Livelihood
- Developing their Talent
- Caring For their People
- Enjoying the Community
The Midland Area Community Foundation provides grants in amounts up to $40,000.
What doesn’t MACF support?
- Basic operating budgets (i.e. operating expenses for the organization as a whole)
- Basic governmental services
- Basic educational functions
- Annual fundraising, events, sponsorships
- Normal office equipment
- Endowment campaigns
- Previously incurred debt or contracted commitments
- Sectarian religious programs (the exception is if the program or project is community based)
- Political or lobbying activities
- Previously denied MACF grant requests
- MACF serves Midland County, so only projects that have a direct relevance to the people of this geographic area will be considered. The foundation also only able to provide grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, educational nonprofits, and governmental units.
- In addition to funding the program or project itself, grant monies may also be used to pay for wages and administrative expenses relevant to the program or project.
- Grant applications in the 4th grant cycle will need to emphasize collaboration, may include capacity building, can be multi -year requests, and may also be used to scale up a program showing positive results.
- Grants targeting young people are usually handled through the Midland County Youth Action Council (MCYAC) in amounts up to $10,000.
For more information, visit Community Investment Grant.