The Healthy Youth & Healthy Seniors Fund supports programs focusing on healthy lifestyle choices and activities for youth and seniors in St. Joseph County.
Donor Name: Sturgis Area Community Foundation
County: St. Joseph County (MI)
Type of Grant: Grant
SACF is committed to making a positive, lasting impact on quality of life in local communities.
The Healthy Youth and Healthy Seniors Endowment was established in compliance with an award from the State of Michigan Tobacco Settlement Partnership.
Grants awards support programs that improve the health of youth (birth – 18) and seniors (age 55 and older). These opportunities may include, but are not limited to, programs that focus on health and nutrition; family counseling; early childhood development; smoking prevention and cessation; daycare, preschool, and after-school care.
- Programs for healthy youth could include:
- Programs for healthy seniors could include:
- Pharmaceuticals (i.e., access, cost, medication interaction)
- Preventing and managing chronic disease (i.e., cancer, heart, lung, stroke)
- Long-term care alternative (i.e., assisted living, respite care, family caregiver support)
- Mental health and aging (i.e., substance abuse, depression)
- Workforce and aging (i.e., age discrimination, continuing career opportunities).
There are some specific eligibility rules to keep in mind before you consider applying.
- The Foundation will only make grants to federal 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations, government entities, school districts, and universities.
- While grants to religious organizations are considered, sectarian religious programs are not eligible.
- The Foundation does not make grants to individuals or grants to cover deficits or other previously incurred obligations.
- The Foundation only grants to entities that have submitted all final reports due to the Foundation on previous grants they have received from them.
- Grants must serve residents of the Sturgis community or surrounding area.
For more information, visit SACF.