The McCune Charitable Foundation accepts applications for community-based projects in the State of New Mexico related to their nine Foundation Priorities.
Donor Name: McCune Charitable Foundation
State: New Mexico
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
While the mandate described by the Mission of the Foundation is broad, the Board of Directors has adopted certain Priorities to focus resource allocation. Priorities are based on 1) a real ability to influence positive change in the near term and 2) the probability that change in these specific areas will lead to broader system change in the longer term. These priorities will guide decisions in grant making and other programmatic activities.
- Capacity Building in the Non-Profit Sector
- Economic Development & Family Asset Building
- Education Transformation
- Leveraging Opportunities in Health Care
- Local Food Industry Development
- Building Links Between Arts and Community Engagement
- Stewardship in Community
- Influencing Planning of Built Environments
- Strategies for Rural Development
Grants can be awarded to qualified 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations, federally-recognized Native American tribes, public schools, and governmental agencies. Grants cannot be made to individuals.
What Will Not Fund
- The McCune Charitable Foundation is currently funding a portfolio of work structured around nine (9) Foundation Priorities. Incoming requests that are in alignment with those priorities will be considered.
- While they recognize the value of the broad range of work being done by organizations in the non-profit sector, the McCune Charitable Foundation is not currently awarding grants for the following:
- Direct donations or grants to individuals
- Direct grants to for-profit institutions
- Projects in the area of health addressing and/or providing medical research related to particular diseases or conditions
- Projects that serve religious purposes
- Grants to political campaigns, to support political activities or to lobby for or against particular pieces of legislation
- Grants for organizations “in crisis” or for debt repayment
- Establishment of endowed Chairs or other permanent academic posts
- Adoption services or support
- Ongoing operating support for well-established charter schools
- Film projects
- Parochial and private schools
- Indirect costs for Institutions of Higher Education.
For more information, visit McCune Charitable Foundation.