The Mary S. and David C. Corbin Foundation is seeking applications for its grant program to help enrich the lives of the people of Akron and Summit County, Ohio..
Donor Name: Mary S. and David C. Corbin Foundation
County: Summit County (OH)
Type of Grant: Grant
It recognizes the importance of diversity, openness, and inclusion and is committed to the principles of equal opportunity in its policies and actions in support of local and regional organizations.
The Foundation’s areas of interest include:
- Arts and Culture
- Civic and Community
- Human and Social Services
- Medical Research
- The Foundation makes only “qualifying distributions” as defined in the United States Internal Revenue Code. Organizations eligible for grants are charitable organizations exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) and governmental entities for public and charitable purposes. Those organizations exempt under Code Section 501(c)(3) should also be exempt under Code Section 509(a)1 or 509(a)2.
- The Foundation gives primary consideration to the City of Akron and Summit County, Ohio charitable organizations and/or local chapters of national charities located in the Akron and Summit County, Ohio areas; however, all requests will be reviewed.
- The Foundation does NOT generally fund:
- Annual fundraising campaigns, sponsorships or special events
- Faith-based organizations/religious endeavors
- Operating deficits
- Organizations which, in turn, make grants to others
- Private, non-operating foundations
For more information, visit Mary S. and David C. Corbin Foundation.