The Manistee County Community Foundation is accepting grant applications to help ensure a bright future for Manistee County.
Donor Name: Manistee County Community Foundation
Type of the Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
Through their Grant Program, the Community Foundation is committed to honoring the intentions of their many donors and creating solutions that make everlasting positive impacts. There are multiple ways donors give to help initiate and sustain these programs and the Community Foundation is grateful to their named and anonymous donors who make their Grant Program possible.
Maximizing their Impact
The Community Foundation generally seeks to invest in projects that do the following, although they do not expect that all of these elements will be addressed in every application:
- Address root causes
- Will make a lasting impact on their community and are sustainable
- Attract funding and other resources to their community
- Demonstrate collaboration and/or coordination of efforts or resources
- Target underserved members of their community
- Are accessible to participants, regardless of their identity or physical, social, financial or other circumstances
- Include diverse perspectives, especially of those who stand to benefit
What can be Fund
- The Community Foundation Grant Program will consider support for a wide variety of charitable purposes. Their interest areas encompass all aspects of life including youth and education, arts and culture, the environment, health and human services, recreation, community development and more. They will consider support for operating and administrative expenses associated with a specific project, but they do not typically provide general operating support. Support for major capital improvements or maintenance is generally limited to recreational purposes or community centers at this time.
- They do not award grants for religious instruction, worship, evangelism or proselytization; projects that are not fully accessible to persons regardless of their individual religious creed or convictions; or projects that require participation in a religious program specific to receiving the service.
- The Community Foundation will not knowingly support organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.
The amount of funds available for granting each year is determined by the Community Foundation Board of Directors in accordance with donor intent and the Foundation’s Spending Policy. Generally, the minimum grant award will be $1,000 and the maximum grant award will be $10,000, with the exception of recreation grants which, through the remarkable generosity of a donor, may be up to $100,000.
Generally, projects should be completed within one year of a grant award. Larger recreational projects may be allowed up to two years for completion.
There are some specific eligibility rules to keep in mind before you consider applying.
- Eligible applicants include: tax-exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, school districts, units of government, including federally recognized tribes. Support may also be considered for religious institutions.
- Projects must be located in Manistee County, unless pre-approved by the Community Foundation, and benefit residents of Manistee County
- The Foundation do not make grants to individuals, or grants to cover deficits, or other previously incurred obligations
- In general, they will not consider a new grant to an organization that has an open grant or has not met prior grant requirements.
For more information, visit Manistee County Community Foundation.