The Maine Community Foundation has announced Hospice Fund to support hospice services, especially programs that support volunteer and bereavement services, in Cumberland and York counties. The fund is not intended to support general operations.
Donor Name: Maine Community Foundation
Counties: Cumberland County (ME), York County (ME)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/15/2022
To receive a grant, an organization or project must support hospice services in Cumberland and/or York county.
This grant program will give additional priority to organizations and projects that:
- Raise community awareness of hospice and bereavement services.
- Increase the utilization and/or the quality of end-of-life services.
- Support hospice volunteers and the recruitment of volunteers, including outreach, training, and recognition.
Types of Funding
This program provides:
- Capacity-building grants to support activities that will make hospice/bereavement organizations stronger, more efficient, or more effective
- Project support grants for new or expanding projects and ongoing programs.
- Nonprofit, charitable organizations tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and also classified as an organization described in sections 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
- Public schools
- Public agencies working for the State of Maine.
- Indian tribal governments (or political subdivisions) recognized by the Department of the Interior.
- Groups without any tax status may apply with a fiscal sponsor that is an eligible organization.
Note: Any eligible organization may submit one application per grant program, regardless of previous application history or current award progress (see specific grant program pages for any exceptions).
For more information, visit Maine Community Foundation.