The Community Foundation of Shelby County welcomes grant requests from organizations in and serving the Botkins, Ohio area.
Donor Name: The Community Foundation of Shelby County
County: Shelby County (OH)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/03/2022
The Louise Sheets Fund was established by a statement in her will that gave the Community Foundation a gift to “be used for charitable purposes for the benefit of the Village of Botkins, Ohio, and the Botkins, Ohio area as said Foundation deems fit.” The Foundation board decided to consider the area within the school district boundaries as the eligible area and to award grants based upon applications they receive.
Grantmaking Criteria for the Louise Sheets Fund:
- Funds will be utilized within the geographic boundaries of the Botkins, Ohio School District and/or will benefit a wide range of residents living within the Botkins School District.
- Encourages more efficient use of community resources and promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations and does not duplicate services.
- Includes a thoughtful, reasonable plan for obtaining continued financial support from internal and/or external sources once Foundation grant monies are expended.
- Requesting organization has obtained an IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. Consideration will be given to not-for-profit organizations that do not have a 501(c)(3) ruling, but are conducting charitable projects and are registered as an Ohio nonprofit corporation with the Ohio Secretary of State.
- Organizations without a 501(c)(3) status may also apply through a fiscal agent (a 501(c)(3) or governmental entity that receives and administers a grant on your behalf).
- Projects requiring multiple-year funding will be considered. Requests for small grants are also welcome.
There are restrictions on the scope of activities the Foundation is able to support. In general, The Foundation does not typically make grants from its unrestricted and field of interest funds for:
- General support.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes intended to primarily benefit their congregation.
- Political organizations or political action committees for political purposes
- Specific scientific, medical or academic research.
- Annual fund raising campaigns from existing organizations.
For more information visit Louise Sheets Fund Grants.