Donor Name: Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
Cities: Selected Cities
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $25,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
The program aims to bridge gaps driven by racial inequity and promote youth empowerment and community wellness—all while supporting community-based organizations led by people of color.
In its third round, the Foot Locker Foundation Community Empowerment Program will provide grants ranging from $25,000 to $100,000 to organizations that offer a range of services for young people, including health and wellness, education and life skills support, mentoring, and career development in 13 cities.
The Foot Locker Foundation Community Empowerment Program offers two types of grants:
- Grants to support current youth programming, create new programming or extend existing programming. These grants will range from $25,000 to $75,000 over one year.
- Grants to support capital improvement projects that enhance the impact of youth programming. These grants will range from $25,000 to $100,000 over one year.
This funding opportunity is open to 501c3 nonprofit organizations that:
- Primarily serve youth in under-resourced communities with programs and services focused on health and wellness, education and life skills support, mentoring, or career development
- Include people of color in its leadership ranks
- Maintain at least one full-time staff person focused on youth programming
- Operate in underserved communities within the following 13 cities:
- Atlanta, GA
- Baltimore, MD
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Detroit, MI
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York City, NY
- Newark, NJ
- Oakland, CA
- Philadelphia, PA
- San Francisco, CA
- Washington, DC
- Can engage local Foot Locker, Inc. store team members in volunteer activities tied to the proposed program
For more information, visit LISC.