The Kentucky Colonels is seeking applications for the 2022 Good Works Program Grant.
Donor Name: Kentucky Colonels
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/14/2022
Grant Size: $10,000
- Small Grant Application: If your grant request is less than $2,499.00.
- Medium Grant Application: If your grant request is between $2,500 and $9,999.00.
- Full Grant Application: If your grant request exceeds $10,000.00.
What they do not fund?
- Certain design work
- Computers for staff use
- Facility rental
- Equipment rental
- General office supplies (paper, pens, toner, etc.)
- Convention/meeting registration fees
- Operational software such as Microsoft Office
- Overhead expenses such as rent, telephone, electricity
- Academic scholarships
- Service agreements and extended warranties
- Speaker/presenter fees
- Staff training
- Travel expenses and lodging
- Vehicle expenses (licensing, gas, insurance, etc.)
- Website development/maintenance
- Building Improvement for leased properties
- Is your organization currently recognized as an exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code?
- Is your organization a non-private foundation under Section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code and, if so, which category (Section 509(a)(1), Section 509(a)(2) or Section 509(a)(3)?
- Is the date of your organization’s IRS exemption determination letter before February 11, 2017?
- Is your organization incorporated in the Commonwealth of Kentucky?
- Will all items that are subject to the grant request be purchased between date of award in mid-June and October 31, 2022?
- Has your organization timely filed its last two Forms 990 with the IRS?
- Are multiple sub-organizations or sub-offices applying? For example: YMCA’s that operate under the same Tax ID number may not apply for the same funding cycle. Or if you have a fiscal sponsor that shares the same Tax ID number, only one organization is eligible to apply per year.
- Is your organization the end user? If you are an organization that provides funding and/or materials to other charities, you may not be eligible.
The following organizations are not eligible for grant funding under this Program.
- Churches or organizations exempt as religious organizations that require participation in religious activities
- Most governmental organization (ex: public school districts)
- Most grant-making organizations, but they are happy to work with other grant-making organizations to make a bigger impact.
For more information, visit Kentucky Colonels.