The Josephine Goodyear Foundation is seeking applications for grants to build the Josephine Goodyear Convalescent Home on Main Street in Williamsville, New York.
Donor Name: Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
State: New York
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $300,000
The home housed disadvantaged women and children and provided pre-operative services to prepare them for the rigors of early surgery and to provide post-surgery recovery. After World War II, with the development of antibiotics, the need for such services was greatly reduced. The property was then sold, and the foundation was established.
The Josephine Goodyear Foundation Fund now funds approximately 50 annual grants totaling about $300,000.
Requests for grants should include the following:
- Preferably typed in two pages or less
- Brief summary of organization’s history, mission, goals, current programs, activities and accomplishments
- Total dollar amount being requested complete with a statement summarizing this grant request (2 sentences maximum)
- Description and number of persons to be served and how they will benefit from this project
- What other organizations, if any, in the community are doing a similar project and are you collaborating with other organizations on this project
- Long-term strategies for funding this project after the grant dollars are spent
- The status, if you have requested grants of other Foundations, corporations or funding sources for this project
- List of current Board of Directors, and name, address, phone and fax of key contact person if different than signature on request letter
- Indication that you are a tax exempt 501(c)3 organization
- Please note, although they do not automatically reject subsequent year requests, they are usually given a lower priority.
For more information, visit CFGB.