Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey has announces grant program to reduce disparities in the delivery of healthcare and improving access to quality healthcare for vulnerable populations in the greater Newark, NJ area and the Jewish community of Greater MetroWest NJ.
Donor Name: Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey
State: New Jersey
County: Essex County (NJ), Morris County (NJ), Union County (NJ)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/23/2022
Grant Size: $25,000
The mission of the Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey is to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable, underserved populations in greater Newark and the Jewish Community of Greater MetroWest NJ, elevate the quality of community healthcare, reduce disparities in access, and promote the infusion of compassion and humanism into their healthcare system.
The Foundation seeks to seed new initiatives, identify and expand existing healthcare programs, support appropriate clinical and medical research, promote medical education to positively impact its targeted communities, and engage in partnerships to foster its goals.
The Foundation will consider applications that fit HFNJ’s mission and address key physical and/or mental health and wellness issues in the Foundation’s priority areas:
- Vulnerable, underserved populations in the greater Newark, NJ community.
- At-risk individuals and families in the Greater MetroWest Jewish community.
- Clinical research/medical education initiatives that significantly and directly impact the above-named populations.
- Promotion of ‘humanism in medicine’ in ways that directly impact patient care.
Requests for funding and the amount less than $25,000
Grants are made ONLY to private, non-profit organizations that have tax exempt status under Section 501C3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code and that are not private foundations. The Foundation does not make grants to individuals or government agencies.
The Foundation does NOT typically fund the following:
- Organizations outside of greater Newark or the Jewish Community of Greater MetroWest NJ, Essex, Morris, or Union County, NJ.
- Programs NOT related to health care or wellness.
- Applications for general operating support or planning grants.
- Direct support of an individual’s healthcare needs.
- Fundraising events or campaigns.
- Advertising campaigns.
For more information, visit Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey.