The Napa County Arts and Culture Advisory Committee (ACAC) has announced a request for proposals from Napa County arts and culture non-profit organizations interested in receiving grant funds.
Donor Name: Napa County Arts & Culture Advisory Committee
County: Napa County (CA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Up to $27,500
The primary purpose of the Napa County Arts & Culture Advisory Committee (ACAC) is to provide needed support to help strengthen the local arts and culture community for the economic and social benefit of Napa County’s residents and businesses and provide a more enriching experience for Napa’s visitors.
- Invest in organizations that benefit the community and draw visitors to Napa County
- Support organizations that demonstrate viability and dedication to the public interest
- Support organizations that promote a diverse array of objectives, including:
- Populations Served
- Artistic Discipline and/or Genre Representation
- Cultural Representation
- Public Impact
- Small: $7,500
- Mid-Sized: $17,500
- Large: $27,500
The maximum award amount is based on an average of the organization’s annual operating (expense) budget from the last two years – FY 2021-22 and FY 2022-23 OR calendar years 2021 and 2022category. If an organization, by budget size, can receive up to $27,500 per grant cycle, DO NOT submit requests for $27,500 in each of your two selected subcategories or the grant requests will not be considered for an award.
Applicants must first select one of the two main categories, which matches their audience makeup. Applicants may then submit an individual grant request for a maximum of two subcategories.
- Main Category 1: Tourism Generating Arts and Culture Organization
- This category is for organizations that earn at least 20 percent of their income from visitors or generate 20 percent of their patronage/attendance from zip codes outside of Napa County and can submit data that demonstrates this. Examples of data to be submitted include: ticket sales, membership data, audience survey or other metrics or documents.
- Main Category 2: General Arts and Culture Organization
- This category is for organizations that primarily focus on arts and culture activities for residents of Napa County.
- Capacity Building
- Special Programs & Projects
- Capital Improvement
- Leadership & Professional Development Category
- This category is intended to provide support for nonprofit staff and boards in governance and management training, skills development, and professional coaching. Both Tourism Generating and General Arts and Culture organizations may apply, in addition to their two other application requests. The maximum award is $2,500, regardless of budget size.
- Local Nonprofits:
- Organizations submitting an application must be a Napa County-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in operation for at least 12 consecutive months with a primary purpose of arts, culture and/or heritage programming as demonstrated by their mission, vision and budget of the organization.
- Fiscal Sponsors:
- Use of a fiscal sponsor is only allowed when submitting a request for Capacity Building and Special Programs & Projects. An applicant without nonprofit status may use a fiscal sponsor that has nonprofit status, federal 501(c)(3) designation, and which will provide the fiscal and administrative services needed to complete the grant project. If a grant is awarded, the fiscal sponsor becomes the legal contractor. The fiscal sponsor shall not receive administration or other fees from the County grant funds.
- Multiple Grant Requests:
- Each organization must select one of the two main categories and may then submit an individual request for a maximum of two subcategories: Capacity Building, Special Programs & Projects or Capital Improvement. An additional application request for Leadership & Professional Development and a collaborative grant request may be submitted and does not count towards the request limit previously mentioned.
For more information, visit ACAC.