Festival, Parade and Celebration (FPC) Grants offer financial support for San José community festivals, parades and celebrations that are held for the economic enhancement, cultural enrichment and/or promotion of the City of San Jose.
Donor Name: City of San Jose
City: San Jose
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/26/2022
Size of the Grant: $2,500 and $5,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
Through the Office of Cultural Affairs, the City of San Jose offers several programs of financial support to ensure a continuing and rich variety of cultural opportunities for its residents as well as visitors to the city.
The City of San José provides a limited number of Festival, Parade & Celebration Grant (FPC) awards each year in order to:
- Expand access for all City residents to a wide range of cultural experiences in the form of community festivals, parades and celebrations;
- Enhance San Jose’s overall cultural environment;
- Support San Jose’s economic vitality; and
- Increase the City’s visibility and reputation as a desirable destination for visitors.
Historically, FPC awards have supported a wide variety of parades, arts festivals, festivals celebrating cultural heritage relevant to San Jose residents, and other events that celebrate a community, a neighborhood or a shared cultural interest. These events are often held in public spaces and are always open to the entire public. Many FPC-supported events have free attendance, although some have fee-based admission to some parts of or the entire event
Grant Size and Use Restrictions
- For One-Year Applications:
- Grants will support events that are planned to take place between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023. Projects that begin prior to June 30, 2022 but end shortly after June 30 are allowed.
- For Two-Year Applications:
- Grants will support events that are planned to take place between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023 for FY 22-23. The application score will carry over to the second year for events that take place between July 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024.
Grant awards are intended to serve as partial support for events. Grant requests:
- Must not exceed 50 percent of the proposed event’s expenses and, due to limited funds, grant awards will usually be significantly less.
- Must be a minimum of $2,500, which means that an event must have expenses of at least $5,000 to be eligible.
- Must be between $2,500 and $5,000 if the proposed event has not been produced in the last five years.
Grant funds must be used for event-related expenses only and not for a previous year’s operating deficit, administrative costs, or other organizational costs unrelated to production of the event or for any capital equipment purchases. No part of the grant shall be used to promote or inhibit religion nor for any political advocacy.
Applications that are complete and submitted by the deadline will be accepted from organizations that meet the following conditions:
- One year history of events programming in San Jose at the time of application;
- Designated as a 501(c) not-for-profit public benefit corporation in good standing;
- Organization’s event takes place during July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 in the city of San Jose and has cash expenses of at least $5,000;
- Organization’s event is not conducted primarily as a fundraiser and is not intended to convey a religious message nor advocate a political position; and
- Organization a) is not a division/department within the City of San Jose; and b) will not fund the event with a take pART Grant from the City of San Jose.
For more information, visit Festival, Parade and Celebration (FPC) Grants.