Barrio Alegria and the Wyomissing Foundation are partnering to provide FARO Community Grants to inspire community engagement and shine a light of opportunity on people and organizations working to create positive change in Reading.
Donor Name: Barrio Alegria
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Nonprofit Organizations or Individuals
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/15/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
These grants will be focused on those who are often excluded from institutional philanthropy and who reflect the demographic composition and lived experiences of those being served.
One-time grants, up to $5,000 each, will be awarded through an evaluation process, using a panel of community volunteers from Barrio Alegria, to review all applications and make recommendations to the Wyomissing Foundation Board of Directors.
- Proposed projects should be designed to bring people together based on their shared values to create positive change in the community.
- Grants must benefit Reading residents and neighborhoods and preference will be given to applying groups that are also located in Reading. Successful grantees will have a one-year period to complete planned activities and fully spend the grant.
- One-day only events (festivals, celebrations, etc.) are not eligible unless they are an element or concluding event of a longer-term project. Grants also cannot be used for: individual financial assistance; fundraising or political events; or religious purposes.
Who Can Apply?
- Only nonprofit organizations with an annual budget of less than $250,000 are eligible to apply.
- In addition, more informal groups, associations or individuals (without a 501(c)(3) designation) may also apply if they secure a fiscal sponsor to partner with, to manage the grant funds and reporting requirements.
- Applying groups or individuals must demonstrate their ability to collaborate with others in the community.
For more information, visit Barrio Alegria.