Equity and Access Grants support projects that promote equity and access to services amongst populations who face systemic barriers in their community. These grants are an opportunity for the Community Foundation to partner with organizations who are focusing on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access in local, direct service work.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Sarasota County
Counties: Charlotte County (FL), DeSoto County (FL), Manatee County (FL), Sarasota County (FL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/28/2022
Size of the Grant: 5,000 – $30,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
They believe the strength of their community stems from its diversity and only together can they address issues and create opportunities so every person can achieve their full potential. For several years, they have invested in communities of great need to address systemic issues based in poverty that affect health, education, and access to an equitable community. Though they have made considerable progress, our work is far from over – it is beginning anew.”
Funding priorities are designed to create alignment with the available funding streams but they are not exclusionary.
Priority is given to health and human services projects as well as those that promote equity to populations who face systemic barriers in their community, for example:
- Geographically underserved neighborhoods
- Communities of color
- Immigrants, refugees, or English language learners
- Persons with disabilities
- LGBTQ+ communities
- Single mothers
- And other under-represented populations
In past years, they have offered a health care grant opportunity that focused on access to health care services for underserved populations. This year, those funds will be granted out through the Equity and Access Grant cycles.
Organizations may receive up to $30,000 through the Equity and Access Grant program within a 365 day period.
In order to receive a grant through this program, organizations must also have:
- An IRS Letter of Determination that shows the organization is a 501(c)3 public charity.
- At least one current program with local impact in one of the following counties: Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto.
- An approved/current profile in The Giving Partner, a powerful, searchable online database with over 700 profiles of charitable organizations serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto counties.
For more information, visit Equity and Access Grants.