The Edith Saxton Fund for Steuben County Youth Services Fund is seeking applications to support not-for-profit projects, programs, and organizations working to improve the quality of life of Steuben County youth.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes
State: New York
Counties: Steuben County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 09/01/2022
Grant Size: $1000 and $10,000
The Community Foundation funds a wide variety of programs and projects across all program areas. Most grants,
however, fall into three categories:
- Program or Direct Service Grants – for costs associated with implementation of the program.
- Capital Grants – for costs related to building construction, building renovation or capital equipment.
- Organizational Development and Capacity Building Grants – for costs related to activities such as strategic planning, board development, program planning, performance management and evaluation, succession planning or marketing and communications. Other organizational capacity areas under this category include business planning, fund development, facility planning and management systems (financial, HR, technology).
Grant awards will range between $1000 and $10,000. Requests for more than $10,000 must be discussed prior to submitting your application with the Director, Grants and Communications.
Applicants must be non-profit organizations serving the youth and:
- located in and providing services in Bath, NY, located in Steuben County.
- classified as nonprofit charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or publicly supported organizations such as school districts and municipalities.
The Edith Saxton Fund generally does not make grants for the following:
- Religious purposes
- Political or partisan purposes
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made
- Deficit funding or debt retirement
For more information, visit Edith Saxton Fund.