Donor Name: East Central Regional Arts Council (ECRAC)
Counties: Chisago County (MN), Isanti County (MN), Kanabec County (MN), Mille Lacs County (MN) and Pine County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000 to $15,000
The East Central Regional Arts Council has Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund (also known as Legacy) grants available for arts projects sponsored by groups, organizations, nonprofits, and units of government located within the Region 7E service area. This category provides support to organizations for a wide variety of larger arts projects involving the creation, sponsorship, publication, performance, and/or exhibition of art.
Examples of eligible projects:
- Performances by touring artists/companies
- Exhibitions such as visual art shows
- Local theatre productions
- Residencies involving a professional artist
- Workshops, classes, publications, films, and presentations that promote artists or participation in the arts
- Public art projects
- Art equipment, provided that an equipment use plan is submitted and approved
- Other projects providing access to the arts for community audiences
The grant request range for ECRAC ACHF Grants to organizations is $5,000-$15,000.
ECRAC serves the non-profit arts community in Region 7E, the Minnesota counties: Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine. Applicants must submit their annual organization or department specific budget with these application proposals. Agencies, organizations, or groups located in and serving Region 7E, meeting any one of the following three conditions are eligible to apply for grants:
- A public agency or organization such as a local unit of government, school, or tribal government. Arts budgets must be isolated from the larger entity’s budget and the group must have an advisory committee for the proposed project.
- A Minnesota private, non-profit organization which has obtained a 501(c)3 tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code and is registered with the Minnesota Secretary of State and Department of Revenue. If located outside Region 7E, the project should be located in and must benefit the region, or, the applicant should include their list of Region 7E Advisory Members with their board member details.
- A local group or organization that does not meet the above requirements but applies through a fiscal sponsor that does qualify. It is the responsibility of the group to find a fiscal sponsor and enter into an agreement with them. The group must. Your group must have its own board of directors or advisory committee that provides input on the project and oversight of the grant funds.
For more information, visit ECRAC.